"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, August 19, 2022

Faith Filled Friday: Shrine of St. Joseph

I’ve taken a couple of one day retreats this summer.  The Shrine of St. Joseph is one worth pilgrimaging too if you are in the New Jersey area.  It’s in western New Jersey, in the hill country and away from the chaos of the city.  New Jersey is a strange state.  You can have the high density of inner city life in the cities of Newark and Jersey City, but in a forty-five minute drive you can be in farms or rolling country-side.  The Shrine of St. Joseph is located near the town of Sterling.  There was a beautiful chapel for Mass, adoration, and praying the rosary, a room full of tables for a retreat lecture and lunch,  and beautiful grounds with lovely statues for meditating and personal prayer.  I only took pictures of the grounds, and I don’t think I got it all.  You can visit their website here.  

Allow me to share some of the pictures for your own meditation.

St. Anthony of Padua

 



I think this is St. Thérèse of Lisieux, though I’m now not a hundred percent sure.

 



A Crucifix.

 



St, Ann with the Blessed Virgin as a child.

 



All three statues within the grounds.

 



Our Lady of Fatima with the three children.

 


 





 

That’s all I the pictures took.  There was more to take.  Perhaps if I get another chance to go, I will take more.  I highly recommend a visit.

1 comment:

  1. Tis not the Little Flower- I think rather she is St Monica.

    ReplyDelete