"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Sunday Meditation: Your Treasure and Your Heart

I’ve been missing in action for a few weeks, but I am back.  No, I was not on vacation.  Baseball is consuming my time!

Today’s reading is a long passage, but I’m only going to focus on the first three verses.  They make a resounding point and is perfect for meditation. 

 

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Do not be afraid any longer, little flock,
for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom. 
Sell your belongings and give alms. 
Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out,
an inexhaustible treasure in heaven
that no thief can reach nor moth destroy. 
For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.

Lk 12:32-34

 

Makes for a great hymn.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment