"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, May 2, 2022

Matthew Monday: Für Elise

I have not had a Matthew Monday is a while.  He’s always had a love of music and he really loves the piano.  Six years ago I posted how he had his first piano recital at the age of six.  He was taking young kiddy lessons then but unfortunately we couldn’t continue because of one thing or another.  But he has been learning on his own.

He recorded himself with my phone playing the Beethoven piano piece, Für Elise.  Well, the first minute of the piece.  Mind you he is not reading off a music score.  This is pure memorizing from someone who teaches this on the internet.  Here is Matthew playing Fur Elise.

 


Not bad.  I really want to get him lessons.  Covid really threw a wrench in that but now that it has died down I will start looking for a piano teacher. 

Now here is a professional playing the entire piece.

 


I think Matthew captured it pretty well.  But I am his loving father.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment