"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, September 2, 2019

Matthew Monday: Matthew’s Tenth Birthday



Yesterday, September first was Matthew’s tenth birthday.  It being Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning, went bowling in the early afternoon, watched a little baseball in the late afternoon, went out to dinner, and celebrated his birthday with cake and candles at his grandmother’s house.  It was a wonderful day if I should say so myself.  Here are some pictures.

We went to Mass with my mother, and we took a picture in front of her house.




Matthew received a present from one of my friends, Mac, through being a Baltimore Orioles fan and he sent Matthew an autographed baseball, signed by a Henry Urrutia, who only played in the majors for a couple of months back in 2015.  Mac noticed how Matthew tried so hard to get baseballs when we were at a game together earlier this year.  He dubbed Matthew “the ball-hawk.”  We took a picture with the autographed ball and sent it to Mac expressing our thanks.




I don’t have any pictures of us bowling but it was pathetic.  I hadn’t bowled in over 30 years and Matthew is all talk.  We played four games and my highest score was 111.  Matthew must have guttered 50% of the time.

After dinner we had a birthday cake over at his other grandmother’s house. 







I have a little clip of him trying to blow out the candles.



Now today, September 2nd, is Gotch Day.  If you don’t remember what that is, I explained it at the bottom of the blog on his fourth birthday, here.   You can also check out the pictures on his 4th birthday and see how much he’s changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment