"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Music Tuesday: “Great Things (Mary’s Song)” by Melanie Penn

I have never heard of Melanie Penn, but apparently she’s a Contemporary Christian singer.  Somehow I was pointed to one of her Christmas songs.  The song was “Great Things (Mary’s Song).”




Matthew, who I think has a great ear for music, thought she was so good, we decided to look up what other music she has recorded, and we found her Christmas album with “Great Things” on it.  The album is called Immanuel and we thought it so good we bought it.  I have to share a couple of more songs.  Here’s the title song officially called “Immanuel (Shepherd).” 




She’s a lovely lady as well as having a great voice.  All the songs on the album are original except for one cover, “Joy to the World.”  So if you want some Christmas songs that are not the usual overplayed standards, then that’s another reason to get this.  I’ll leave you with one more that just knocks me off my feet, “Love's Coming Down (Isaiah's Song).”




All the original songs have a tag from an element of the Christmas story, such as Mary, or Shepherd, or Isaiah.  Interesting.  What a wonderful singer and song writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment