"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, December 24, 2018

Matthew Monday: Matthew’s Nativity Play

Matthew got well just in time for his Nativity play at school and he gave Daddy his flu.  But I made it to the play and sat in the back—so way in the back that I didn’t get great pictures.  But let me share what I was able to get.

Now the school Nativity play is put on every year by the fourth grade class.  It’s a silent play, except for the singing and the drama is narrated by the eighth graders.  Matthew had the role of St. Joseph.  He is the boy with the blue head covering.  Here he is taking Virgin Mary as wife.




As you can see, I’m way back there in the audience.  Here is a clip of Joseph taking Mary to the various innkeepers to find a room.  Obviously they all say there is no room.




That’s not the original girl who was supposed to play Mary.  That girl got sick the day before the performance, so they had the girl in fifth grade who had played Mary last year return to her role.  She’s a good deal taller than Matthew.

Here’s a clip of the cast signing one of the carols, “O Holy Night.”




Here’s a picture of the complete cast.

IMG_0630


And finally I got a picture of Matthew up close in costume.




May your Christmas contain the same innocence as these children’s.  Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I just stopped by to wish you, your family and friends a Happy New 2019 Year. Long story short with you as a Catholic follower, it gives me hope and a little joy that most of our old Catholics traditions won't be changed as quickly as some are anxious to change... I better stop now before sinner vic insist on putting in his so called Canadian two sense, "I" mean cents worth. LOL.

    Whatever happens in the future for Matthew as far as his faith in Religion is concern... Let's just say that I can see... from one Catholic to another... you're doing a great job directing your son in the Right direction.

    For what it is also worth, in my old age I try to say the Rosary every day and I'm sure that The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God will never let us (usual sinners) down when it comes to asking HER First Born, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to send a few of His Angels in our direction...

    WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victor. I'm trying my best. Happy New year.

      Delete