"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, December 17, 2018

Matthew Monday: Autumn Photos and Christmas Events

We are about a week from Christmas and Matthew has the flu and  running a fever for a few days now.  He’s got to get well soon.  Friday he will in the School’s living Nativity and he has the role of St. Joseph.  Saturday I have tickets to an Off-Broadway musical, All is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914.  It’s just the two of us, father and son.  And then there is Christmas Eve and Day where he will be playing drums for the Church choir on “Little Drummer Boy” again this year.  And there will be Christmas at my mother’s where his cousins will be coming in.  It’s going to be busy and tiresome week, so he better get healthy fast.

I took some pictures of Matthew a few weeks ago before the leaves came down from the trees.  We were kicking a soccer ball around and I thought the setting made for some lovely photos.







I think that was early November.  While I was at it, I took snapped a couple of general Autumn photos as well.  I caught the evening sun against the colored trees.








Lovely, don’t you think?

2 comments:

  1. What nice photos - I hope your little guy is getting better. It’s hard for kids to be sick at Christmas! I remember your vid from last year with Matthew playing the drums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking so long to reply Jan. He got better but I got sick! As you can see from the last two posts, we made it through his Nativity play and we went out to see our show. And he did great as drummer boy for church choir. I'll post that next Monday. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete