"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, March 11, 2013

Matthew Monday: The Bandages

Friday Matthew got into his head that I was still sick.  I had been sick with sinus allergies the week before, and so he took out his plastic stethoscope and listened. 

"Daddy, you're sick," he determined after listening carefully. 

"I'm feeling better," I replied. 

"No, you're sick."  He was adamant.  "I'll make you better." 

I shrugged.  I was typing on the computer while he was examining me, and didn't notice where he went.  When he came back he had a roll of masking tape.  He pulled off a strip and bandaged me.  He bandaged my face, reaching up.  Then he pulled off another strip and bandaged another part of my face.  When he couldn't find an end of the tape to pull, he had me find the lead and break him another piece.  He kept bandaging me. 

"This will make you feel better,"  he said.  "Bring your head down."  I lowered my head and he taped up toward the top.  "You're missing another one right here," he said pointing to the other side of my face.  After putting that on, he patted all the bandages down.  "You feeling better?" he asked.

"I'm feeling a lot better, thank you." 

I took a picture of myself after he finished.  Here's his handiwork.

6 comments:

  1. Well that should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please send him to my house the next time I have a sinus infection? How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my professional opinion - and I am a nurse you know - is that young Matthew is a natural! You're in good hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Next time tell him to bandage your nose...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you'll be saving for med school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. That little one is something, even though he just got punished this evening for not going to sleep and sneaking out of bed for the past two hours.

    ReplyDelete