"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, March 8, 2013

Faith Filled Friday: Getting Nearer

Lent is a long process.  I'm not doing great on abstaining from snacks but I am surprising myself on extra praying.  Three plus weeks in and it feels like I'm getting closer to God.  And isn't that the real point of Lent?  Here's something to sing for our journey.







For some reason I really like the way Ann Murray sings this classic.  It's not a fancy version, either in the musical accompaniment or the vocals.  There's not much embellishment.  But Murray modulates her voice so the song builds momentum.  It feels like a journey, a journey getting nearer to God.

1 comment:

  1. It is, absolutely, the point of Lent!

    I also like this version of Be Still My Soul sung by Amy Grant. there is a beautiful guitar solo at the beginning.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsreL-9PbEI

    ReplyDelete