"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, May 20, 2024

Matthew Monday: Untitled No. 1

Matthew, as readers of this blog should know, has been taking piano lessons now for several years.  He has gotten pretty good for a fourteen year old if I can say so myself.  You’ll see his playing in this clip.  In addition he has built up a very good relationship with his piano teacher, Mason, and Mason has not only pushed Matthew’s ability to perform but Matthew’s ability to understand and create music.  Matthew here has composed, with Mason’s help, his own piano piece.  They didn’t give it a name, other than “Untitled No. 1.”

As a preface, you will hear Mason at the beginning introduce the piece.  Also you may hear stray voices from other music classes.  That is unfortunate.  The rooms are not exactly sound proof.

 

 

I think I caught a mistake or two in what I think is striking a wrong key but I don’t know if that’s how the composition was intended.  Still I think it’s pretty wonderful given it was mostly composed by a fourteen year old.  I’m proud of him!  What do you think, the next Frédéric Chopin?  

1 comment:

  1. That’s a nice little piece- he should keep it up!

    ReplyDelete