"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Music Tuesday: The Veed Video

OK, so VEED is not really a musical piece.  If you noticed my post, “Matthew Monday: Sleeping Lotus,” the link to Matthew’s performance of the piano piece, “Sleeping Lotus,” was not working.  Matthew’s teacher had recorded his performance with phone audio, which was in MP3 format.  Actually it was recorded with M4a, whatever that is, and I was able to convert that to MP3.  But neither MP3 nor M4a would embed in Google Blogger, nor would it upload to YouTube.  I thought I figured out some way to convert it into MP4, but that also didn’t upload to YouTube.  But I thought it embedded into Blogger, and so I posted it.  But after an initial embed, somehow it got disabled, and so there was no audio performance.

But then I came across VEED, a website that converts audio and video into all sorts of formats, and you can modify and add to those videos.  It’s really cool.  Now you have to pay for VEED but they allow you free trials.  If I start needing it much, I will pay for it, but for now free suits my needs.  Not only that, there was a video that showed you the steps to do it.  It was easy enough, here.



So I converted my MP3 to MP4 through VEED, uploaded it into my YouTube page and embedded it to the blog post, “Matthew Monday: Sleeping Lotus.”  Now you can go back and hear it, if you tried last week.  But I’ll make it easy.  Here is Matthew’s piano performance of “Sleeping Lotus” once again but you will need to go back to the original post to get the details of the musical piece.

 

 

Isn’t that beautiful.  I’m so proud of him.

1 comment: