"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Personal Note: My Camera at the Ball Park

I mentioned I had another story to my attending the Baltimore Orioles game on July 16th.    

As it turned out, in my haste to get out just before the game ended, I left my camera at the stadium, right below the seat I think. I didn’t realize I left it until Sunday night when I went to open the knapsack we had brought that contained a few things, including the camera, and it was not there.

The realization I had left it behind really hurt. The camera was worth around $200 (a Nikon, not a SLR but an advanced point and shoot that had a super telescoping lens), not insignificant but only money, but more importantly the memory card had close to 900 pictures going back to when my son was a toddler. I had not backed up those pictures. The camera could be replaced, but the pictures, which included family affairs, trips, sightseeing, were irreplaceable.

So after kicking myself, praying, and more kicking myself, I called the lost and found on the Monday almost a week later, and lo and behold they had found a camera. The description matched, and they said to come down and pick it up. So on the Wednesday I got on my horse and galloped back down to Baltimore, and to my amazement it was my camera. My goodness, what are the odds? One of my friends said less than a one percent chance of getting it back. God is good. I offered a small reward to the person who turned it in or even the usher or cleaning person for that area, but the young man at the Lost and Found would not take it. He said this is what they do.

What a great reflection on the ballpark administration and working people at Camden Yards. I don’t know how else to thank them but to write this little comment for all to see. To come across such upstanding and honest people is heartwarming. May all those involved, especially the person who turned it in, be blessed. I am truly thankful. I gave that money set aside for the reward to Catholic Charities of Baltimore charity.


No comments:

Post a Comment