"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, April 8, 2019

Matthew Monday: I Found My Four Leaf Clover


For St. Patrick’s Day, Matthew’s class had to write a short story for a fourth grade writing assignment.  I thought it was cute and worth sharing.  It’s titled “I Found My Four Leaf Clover,” and this would be the first short story Matthew will have ever written.


Hi, my name is Matthew.  I live in New York.  I have to tell you a story.  It’s about me finding a four leaf clover.  It was just an ordinary day when I was playing at the park with my dad.  The ball went on the grass and I saw the four leaf clover.  Then I showed him and then luck started to happen.

After I got back from the park, I was tired, so I went on my mom’s computer, and I had so much luck in the game.  It was amazing, and my dad bought lottery tickets.  We won the lottery.  Then I screamed “we’re rich.”  All the money was 80 billion dollars.  I was so happy.  I also got ten kittens.  I played with them so much.  They were so cute.  Then it was almost three o’clock during the day and I had so much luck.  I also got some cool baseball cards.  I got a super rare card.

Then the day was almost over and we ordered pizza, and it was so yummy.  I had four pieces of pizza.  It was delicious.  Then around nine o’clock I was about to go to bed.  My mom said I can stay up to ten o’clock.  That was fun.  I hope you have a happy St. Patrick’s Day.  I also hope you liked my story.

I think if we won $80 billion we would have more than pizza for dinner.  And I tell you what, Matthew my boy, if we won that much I’d let you stay up to eleven o’clock. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Matthew.

    Hope you are all doing well Manny

    Until next time...

    God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete