"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, July 11, 2014

Faith Filled Friday: Come To Me

Last Sunday’s Gospel reading at Mass contained one of my favorite quotes by Jesus.  The quote was from Matthew 11:28-30, and I arrange the quote in poetic lines and stanzas because I think the arrangement really accentuates the key words.  By the way, that is one of the reasons poets write in lines, to accentuate words.
 

"Come to me,
all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
 

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for your selves.
 

For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."
 


That quote just exudes peace.  It also projects the crucifixion, where Jesus takes on not light burdens but arduous ones.  Here He asks us to place our burdens on to Him, and He will resolve them.  He willHe will take on our suffering for us.  Even the yoke He asks us to take on projects the cross He will carry.  
 
 

2 comments:


  1. Pope Francis said "The one who hears the word and understands it, indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold"

    "I" think YA got "IT" Man! "I" mean Manny! LOL :)

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if "I got it" but thank you.

    ReplyDelete