"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, May 31, 2013

Faith Filled Friday: Madonna Garden in Spring Bloom

My mother has a Madonna statue in her front garden, which she honors our Blessed Mother with flowers.  The spring flowers are in full bloom, and so it made for some nice pictures.  Let me share.


Going from left to right, you have an Alberta Spruce, which has grown quite large, some lilies in the back that have not bloomed yet, then the spring superstar a peonies in full bloom, behind that a couple of roses, along the back on the right a string of day lilies which will flower all summer.  Just to the right of the statue are some tulips which have lost their flowers, and in front a selection of flowers which might be dianthus. 







Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.


9 comments:

  1. That's a lovely shrine and nice pictures. Around here, you know, they bury old bathtubs half-way to make the shrines for the Madonna...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bury bath tubs to make shrines? I don't understand what you mean. Could you elaborate?

      Delete
    2. Well, some things you just have to see to understand...

      If you do a simple Google search for "bathtub Madonna" you'll see just what I mean. :-D

      Delete
    3. I understand that! What does that mean about me...lol!

      Delete
    4. Oh Jan, I googled it. I had no idea people use their bath tubs...lol. I don't think they look that good.

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! I am positive the Blessed Mother is honored and touched by this lovely symbol of devotion to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friens,
    Iwonder if it possible to use one of those images of the Madonna Garden in my new book about "Flower of the Holy Land"
    Best regardas,

    Ami Tamir
    t.ami.avak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Ami, I don't mind. But what's the context it will be used?

      Delete