"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, May 10, 2013

Faith Filled Friday: The Ascension of Christ

It's wonderful to be able to go to mass on a weekday.  I don't get the opportunity unless it's a holy day of obligation, as was Thursday, The Ascension of the Lord.  I found a church not too far from where I work and went to the early mass and got to work only an hour late, which I made up by staying an extra hour.  The pastor had a wonderful, inspiring homily about how the Ascension should cause us to shine and be Christ-like.  Oh I forgot already how he made that connection.  Homilies seem to float right through my mind, even ones that inspire me, but he did make that connection artfully.

Now can you guess what the name of the church I found?  It's named after my newly found favorite saint, The Church of St. Catherine of Siena!  Is God telling me something or what?  I'm going to try to get there on occasions when I can.  Thank you St. Catherine!

I also found this photo of what looks like a metal relief of the Ascension.  I don't know where it's from, but it's very lovely.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Manny, that you found that connection with a saint! Bob and I are partial to St. Augustine, I, to Padre Pio, Solanus Casey (not a saint yet), St. Monica and St. Rita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to read a good biography on some more saints, one a year perhaps. I'm thinking of Edith Stein for next year but we'll see. St. Francis of Assisi has been my personal patron saint. I took Francis as my confirmation name in his honor.

      Delete