"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, April 13, 2015

Matthew Monday: It’s Complicated

A couple of weeks ago after I had come home from work and I was changing into more casual clothes, Matthew was with me as is typical.  He waits for me to come home from work and then is tied to my hip.  So I’m changing and I asked him how his day at school was. 

“It’s complicated,” he says.  That in itself had me laughing.  His face was so serious when he said it, as if the weight of the world had been on him.  How’d he come up with that word? I’d thought.  Well it occurred to me that I’ve used that expression several times in answering him when he’d ask a tough question and I didn’t have a simple answer.  Perhaps my wife has used it with him too.  I wondered if he really understood what it meant, but perhaps he did.

So after I stopped laughing, I bit and asked, “So what was so complicated?”  I imagined a fire drill interrupting class and then had to get back to where they had left off, or some such interruption.  “What made it complicated?”

I could see him thinking.  “We had to count to twenty.”  Hahahahaha!



It's so hard to get him to be serious for a picture.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Manny ... you won the giveaway copy of Seeds of the Word by Father Robert Barron! Just email me with your contact info and I'll get the book in the mail to you! Cheers, Julie Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize there was a contest. I just left a comment on the fly...lol. OK great. Looks interesting. I'll look for your email. at your blog.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh, I can see that it could be complicated! Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me Manny cause I just don't have the time to visit like I use to have cause now I'm on Facebook and I can't get over how much some of our relatives and friends have changed...

    Matthew would understand...."It's complicated."

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I've wondered where you've been. I've avoded Facebook for that very reason. You're always missed around here. And that's not complicated!

      Delete