"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, March 4, 2013

Matthew Monday: "O-N-E"


Wednesday I got another of those emails from my wife about Matthew.  I saw the subject line: “Big Day Today” and I wondered, “now what?” 

From: Mrs. Manny
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:14 PM
To: Manny
Subject: Big Day Today

Matthew hit a milestone at school today. They were practicing drawing the number one and he wrote the word "one". I was a little skeptical but his teacher said he did it all by himself. I have the proof too!!

 


From: Manny
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:47 PM
To: Mrs. Manny
Subject: RE: Big Day Today

He wrote out the three letters "o-n-e"? I'm definitely skeptical.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve tried helping Matthew write, but it has all turned out to be scribble.  When I got home, there it was on the page.  He wrote it.  I took a picture of him holding up the page.
 
 

 

There's a bunch of 1's and then on the bottom, "o-n-e."  I still don’t believe he did it all by himself.  But who knows.  Maybe my son is a genius. 

3 comments:

  1. It can be very surprising the things that children will do in school and the presence of their peers.

    Good job Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he's a genius! Sometimes they do lots of things better at school than at home. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his expression! ah--so cute! and of course he's a smartie.

    ReplyDelete