"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Photo Essay: 2021 Fall Colors

This has been a beautiful autumn, and these past few days have been the peak fall colors around Staten Island.  I’ve lived here thirty years now, and I can’t remember a more beautiful turning of the trees on Staten Island.  We’re right on the coast, so we don’t get the chilly evenings that New England gets and which really helps create the colors.  I don’t know what’s different this year here.  Perhaps it was a dry fall this year.  Or perhaps I’m just noticing it and it’s always been this way.  I don’t know.  So here’s a little photo essay to show off the beautiful fall of 2021.These are all pictures from around my neighborhood.





That one just above is the entrance to our borough's nature center.  There are hiking trails in there.  












The last three are part of the summer camp Matthew used to attend.


The last one with the Madonna statue is part of an Egyptian Coptic religious center.  That's a drip of rain in the picture.



I love that last one with the basketball court.


Pictures don't quite bring the experience to you but they are worth posting.  I hope you liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment