"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, August 21, 2020

Faith Filled Friday: Entering the Gates of the Kingdom


I was praying the evening's vespers on August 10th and the third antiphon sent me into one of those moments of insight. Here's that evening's third antiphon:


"Ant. 3: I thank you, Lord Jesus Christ, for permitting me to enter the gates of your kingdom."

I have imagined facing Christ on my last judgement but I've never extended my imagination beyond the judgement itself. If He lets me into heaven (“Well done, good and faithful servant.") I have never imagined my reaction afterward. If I had been pressed I might have imagined jumping for joy and running in. I guess in my imagination I would not have thought to thank Him as in the antiphon. So would I have been like one of those nine of the ten lepers (Luke 17: 11-19) who did not thank Jesus when He cured them? Hopefully in the real situation my manners would have made me say thank you.

Moral of the story: If Jesus graciously lets you into heaven, don't forget to thank Him!

Thought I'd share that observation.



No comments:

Post a Comment