"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, April 24, 2023

Matthew Monday: Holy Confirmation

On Sunday, Matthew had his Holy Sacrament of Confirmation.  He’s now confirmed in the faith, and I must say very inquisitive about it.  I gave him a Bible as one of his gifts—the Ascension Bible, which is supposed to provide clear explanations of the text and focus on salvation history, which I think is the most important exegesis of the Biblical text—and he promptly read the Book of Revelations.  Why the Book of Revelation first of all the books of the Bible?  He wanted to understand the end of the world…lol.

There’s not much to explain, so I’m just going to provide pictures.  I was sitting in the back of the church, so I could not snap the moment of being confirmed.  But I was able to get the entrance into the nave.

 


And then the Bishop with our Pastor.

 


Most of the pictures were taken outside.  Here is with the Bishop and my sister who was Matthew’s sponsor.



Some snaps with the family, first me and my wife, and then with me, my sister, and my mother.




Finally with some of his friends and fellow confirmandi.




We had also bought a suit for him, which he had under his robe.  Here is my little, young man.

 


It was a blessed day.

Here’s one more thing, but I’m not sure this will work.  The Mass was streamed and recorded.  Here it is.

 


7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats to Matthew, and love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Matthew and Family. Nice to see photos of you all. Our younger grandson will be confirmed next month at Sacred Heart Church, Monroe, NY, and invited me to be his sponsor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. You should leave a name. I'm not sure who you are. I have a couple of guesses though. Good luck with your grandson.

      Delete
    2. Thak you for stopping by Galicius. I have had so much trouble with Blogger lately. I don't think they take care of it any more.. I'm thinking of switching to Wordpress.

      Delete
  3. Thank you all for commenting. How come I did not get an email notification of comments here? I must have clicked off something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Manny! What a handsome young man Matthew is! And how blessed to have family around him. SO happy to see that your mother was able to attend! I'll bet it was a joy for her. I hope he enjoys his new bible and uses it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a joy for all! Thank you for commenting Kelly.

      Delete