"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Friday, January 6, 2023

Feast of the Epiphany with John Michael Talbert

Today was the Feast of the Epiphany, and I have posted often on it.  But I was listening some John Michael Talbert songs this evening and I wanted to create a post of two songs, one certainly on the epiphany and the other more loosely.  First, his rendition of “We Three Kings.” 

 



He plays it a shade slower than most.  I think it gives the song more reverence. 

Then I came across this song which I had never heard before, “I Found My Beloved,” which is not a Christmas song, nor a song of the Magi.  Actually it’s an imagine excursion from the point of view of St. John of the Cross.  But it struck me that these are the emotions any one of the Magi might have experienced. 

 


That is a magnificent song.

I hadn’t posted much Christmas music this year.  Between work, which took me a way for a couple of weeks, illnesses in the family, and then my cold.  I just haven’t had that much time.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Feast of the Epiphany.



No comments:

Post a Comment