"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sunday Meditation: Receiving a Child

One of my favorite passages in Mark.  I remember hearing this passage ahead of my trip to Kazakhstan to adopt Matthew.

 

Taking a child, he placed it in their midst,

and putting his arms around it, he said to them,

“Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me;

and whoever receives me,

receives not me but the One who sent me.”

       -Mark 9:36-37

 


Receive a child.  You will be forever blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Heck yah. Don't delay, don't say you don't have enough money, enough time, enough ability, a big enough house - all excuses. People who decline to have children are screwing themselves out of the best reward they would ever receive...the unconditional love of a child. I'm right.

    ReplyDelete