"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Gosnell the Movie is Out and I went to See It!

A couple of months ago I told you about the making of the movie, Gosnell: The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer. It’s the movie about the case and trial from a few years ago of Kermit Gosnell, the abortionist/killer (same thing) in Philadelphia where he was notorious for snipping the necks of born alive babies in addition to having several women die under his care.  You can read about his infamous life here.  

Somehow in my post of a couple of months ago, the trailer failed to stay.  Here is the trailer again.





So what did I think?  It had me in tears for a good deal of the time. I’m speechless. The acting was very good, but really it was the story that was powerful. The actor who played Gosnell was outstanding.

The movie is rated PG, but I don’t think I would take kids to it. But they did a nice job of limiting the graphic and disgusting parts while getting you a sense of it. Even the photo that was critical at the trial to persuading the jury was not shown, the one of Baby Boy A. At the end during the credits they provided a link where you could see it. I went. I won’t provide the link but the child looked almost several months old. Gosnell actually quipped just before he snipped his neck, “this boy is so big he could walk me to the bus stop.” What absolute evil.

I was stunned at the end of the movie. I sat in my seat for like five minutes watching the credits go by. Actually I was trying to get my eyes dry to be presentable when I left.


Go see the movie, especially this weekend if you can.  The attendance on first weekend is what determines how long the movie will stay around and where it falls in the Netflix pecking order.  You will not be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. You got more guts than I do. Couldn’t make myself go.
    Your St. Francis Day pics are nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan. The movie is not gory, if that's what you're afraid of, but it is very moving. I'm sure you can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen this movie yet but I'll certainly keep "IT" in mind and Man, "I" mean Manny... What do YA think about me, me and me eating a little Ice Cream while doing so?

    I hear YA sinner vic! Victor! Victor! Before YA know "IT", all of US (USUAL SINNERS) will be saying "I" scream, you scream and soon children all around the world might be screaming for “Rocky Roe v. Wade Ice Cream"...

    WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless all His Children All WAYS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you too Vic. I hope it comes to a movie theater near you but if not, you may have to wait for it to come on video.

      Delete