"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, August 27, 2018

Matthew Monday: My Little Pitcher

We went to our third minor league ball game of this year Saturday night, and the fourth when you include one major league game.  The minor league games were at the Brooklyn Cyclones ball park and the one major league game was down in Baltimore.

Matthew has become skilled at getting a baseball.  He watches the players warm up before the game and as they head to the dugout he asks for a ball.  How can a ball player refuse to give a ball to a kid?  Not easily.  Matthew now claims he’s gotten a ball in four straight games.  Saturday night some young prospect for the Brooklyn Cyclones, Manny Rodriguez, tossed him this ball. 




Another thing we did at the ball park was try the pitching velocity radar.  It measures how fast you can throw.  Here’s a video clip of Matthew.  The highest he registers is 41 mph.






Not bad for an eight year old.  His father was only able to do 47 mph.  

8 comments:

  1. Long story short... When Matthews makes it to the Major Leagues... sinner vic wants a couple of free tickets...

    I hear YA! How about a free ball instead?

    WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless you and yours Manny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, you've been commenting and I haven't noticed. You got it!

      Hey I got a baseball story you might like. My favorite team, the Baltimore Orioles, having been scouting and hope to sign this young Cuban ball player named Victor Victor Mesa. Yes, his middle name is Victor as well as his first. His father, who was also a ball player in Cuba, is Victor Mesa. Victor Mesa the father has another son, a little younger than Victor Victor, also a promising ball player named - get this - Victor Mesa Jr. LOL. So he named one son Victor Victor and the other Victor Jr. I guess all after himself. I find that hilarious.

      It reminds me of the old Bob Newhart show where there was a helping hand with two brothers. He would introduce them as "This is my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl.

      So I was thinking of my one friend Victor and my other friend Victor. :)

      Delete
  2. Manny you're very kind but please don't feel bad about not always replying to some of my belated comments and thanks for Matthews future tickets and/or ball. lol

    I don't follow baseball as much as you do but I still enjoyed hearing about Victor Victor and Victor Mesa junior although I'm almost certain that sinner vic would probably say that he knows some of these Victor Cells. lol

    Personally speaking my mom (God Bless her soul) told me that I was baptised with the name Victor, Harvey, Alphonse, Joseph Savard. Long story short, back then... all Catholic boys were given the name of Joseph and all girls the name of Mary. Our small French church was built in 1954 and it wasn't long before mom and her sisters got our priest (God Bless his soul) convinced that I should be serving High Mass at about eight years old...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh4CvpfXUZ4&start_radio=1&list=RDdh4CvpfXUZ4#t=4

    Never forget that the funniest material can often be found on the insanity line... WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless you and yours



    ReplyDelete
  3. 41mph is very good at his age. A champion in the making.

    God bless you all, Manny.

    ReplyDelete