"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, January 13, 2014

Matthew Monday: Matthew the Superhero

Matthew has been playing superhero lately.  My goodness, he’s jumping like Spiderman, wrestling invisible bad guys like Batman, and powing invisible evil robots like Superman.  It’s been a bit exasperating as he leaps from the top of the bed, spontaneously runs from one end of the house to the other, or suddenly falls to the floor and does a roll, all with a sigh that “the Joker got" him. 

So Sunday I was driving him over to my mother, who is eighty years old, and as I unbuckle him from his car seat, he says, “Come on Robin let’s get out of the Bat mobile.” 

So in my stern voice, wondering how my mother is going to handle him, I said, “I don’t want you jumping around at Nonna’s.”

So he replies in a breathy, rebellious whisper, “OK.  I’m going to FLY around," with emphasis on "fly."

All I know is when I got back to pick him up he said he “scored ninety goals on Nonna.”  I can just imagine what went on. 


6 comments:

  1. It might drive you nuts for awhile but I love that he is Playing!!! Running, jumping, using his imagination. How great. Maybe you can get to a park if the weather gets nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagination to say the least. Everything is imaginary right now...lol. Thanks Kathy.

      Delete
  2. Hi Robin. How many miles per gallon do you get in the Batmobile? Is it really fast like on TV?

    My car does 1 to 60 in about a week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be one of those things you just don't want to know more about. Totally cute and all BOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blythe! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, superheroes, cars, trains, flashlights, tools, he is all boy. :)

      Delete