"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Notable Quote: Emily Dickinson

I'm working on a couple of pieces that are not quite ready to put out yet.  One of them is on an Emily Dickinson poem, and so since I'm not ready and didn't have the time for a new Matthew Monday I decided to put this little poem by Dickinson out.  This little poem is not very complicated, or even feel very artsy, but it's humorous and charming and has the feel of a notable quote.


I'm Nobody! Who are You?

by Emily Dickinson

 I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us -don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

Whoever may be reading this, are you as much a nobody as me?



4 comments:

  1. I'm nobody-er than you! I think I'll keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then that's a pair of us - don't tell. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Love the poem!

    I'm right there with you, Manny. Being a nobody is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I guess we're all nobodies. :)

      Delete