"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Photo Essay: SNOVID ‘21

I loved the front page headline from today’s (2/2/21) New York Post: Stuck at home, locked down—it’s not COVID-19, it’s SNOVID’21.

I guess you may have heard we had a Nor’easter.  New York City was supposed to get 18 to 24 inches.  Parts of the city may have gotten that.  North of New York City I heard they got anywhere from 30 to 36 inches.  Yikes!  Three feet.  Here on Staten Island we may have gotten 18 inches but to my eye it looks a little short of that.  We’re on the southern end of the city.  The more north you were, the more snow you got.  I just love that NY Post headline.  They have the best headlines.

Some pictures.  From my front slider.




From my back deck. 




Also from my back deck looking out into the convent with the statue of the Blessed Mother and Child. 




Did I ever mention behind my house is a convent?  Unfortunately they have sold the property and will be moving out, but I have been blessed all these years.

Finally my car on the street if you can make it out. 




The car is still buried.  My back is hurting.  I need a day of rest. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes isn't it funny how on snow days you end up being exhausted from all the extra snow-related chores? snow days are only fun for kids and those who can afford to let someone else do all the snow removal lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my eleven year old son helped for about five minutes. And then off he went to play.

      Delete