"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Notable Quote: A Knave or a Eunuch

Note: I don’t usually bring up politics in my blog, but these are extraordinary times.  However, most of this is more humorous than serious.  Still…

A friend of mine knows I’m bummed out over the election and keeps sending me “look at the bright” emails.  Bright sides, however, are for after the fact and I haven't acknowledged that this is over yet.  If anyone can pull out a miracle it's Donald Trump.  He was guided by angels four years ago, perhaps he will be again.  I'm praying.

Actually the thought of a Joe Biden presidency made remember a verse from an Ezra Pound poem:

 

“We choose a knave or an eunuch/To rule over us.”

-Ezra Pound from his poem “Hugh Selwyn Mauberly.”

When you look in the dictionary under “eunuch for a leader” amazingly Joe Biden’s face shows up.

Of course one could argue that Donald Trump’s picture would come up for “knave.” ;)

I guess my jokes are undermining my melancholia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment