"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, June 18, 2018

Matthew Monday: Father’s Day 2018

Yesterday was Father’s Day in this part of the world and as I’ve mentioned before Matthew and I go off on this day in a father/son adventure.  Matthew wanted to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but before you get any ideas he is some precocious art maven, the only thing he is interested in the museum is in the medieval suits of armor, and even there he’s really only interested in the little models they sell in the children’s shop.  I took him to the “Knights Section” as he likes to call it a few years ago, and he’s gotten his grandmother to take him a few other times.  He’s seen the very same suits of armor before but what he’s really after is adding to his toy knights collection.  Here are a few pictures at the exhibit.







While we did stop at the ancient Egyptian section and explained to him what a sarcophagus was and though we made our way through American paintings where he was impressed with the famous “George Washington Crossing the Delaware” we weren’t at the museum too much more than an hour, and most of that was spent trying to find the darned Knights Section.  So right after we went to his next favorite spot in Manhattan, Central Park. 

I have to say I find Central Park the most beautiful city park that I have ever been to, and I’m always amazed at its beauty every time I go through.  However, Matthew isn’t really interested in its beauty or the fascinating variety of plants and trees that one stumbles upon.  What Matthew finds interesting about Central Park are the little playgrounds.  He’s obsessed with the swings. 






Finally let me add one picture of the park with both of us in it.  This is one of the ponds that one stumbles upon.





We went on to the new Liberty Tower at the reconstructed World Trade Center and down to the South Street Seaport, which was disappointing, which made for a long day, but I don’t think those pictures are anything special.  What was special was the father/son day.  

9 comments:

  1. "...and a good time was had by all," as my father used to say. Good memories. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Nice pictures- looks like a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A KNIGHT ther was, and that a worthy man,
    That fro the tyme that he first bigan
    To ryden out, he loved chivalrye,
    Trouthe and honour, fredom and curteisye.

    I bet Matthew would like that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Chaucer's Canterbury Tales! I recognize it. :) Thanks Victor.

      Delete
  4. Matthew seems to be a typical precocious young boy who loves to have fun and collect Knights.

    I'm glad to see and hear that you're the father that I imagine you to be.

    WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victor That's kind of you. God bless you too.

      Delete
  5. I am no longer getting email notifications. I don't know why. I apologize for not responding quickly.

    ReplyDelete