"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Personal Note: Baltimore Orioles Win Division Title

Wooohooo!  They clinched it tonight!  The last time the Baltimore Orioles, my favorite team going back to when I was eight years old, won the Division title was 1997.  And in the intervening years there were 14 consecutive losing seasons, and a good portion of them in last place. Fourteen years is a quarter of my life.  You don’t know the blood, sweat, and tears I’ve shed for my Orioles.







But tonight they did it!!!!!  American League Eastern Division Champions!  Here's a great little video of some of the season's highlights.





And they did it with still two weeks to go until the playoffs.  I can’t wait.  The rest of these games aren’t going to be meaningful.  Just give the starters rest while keeping them sharp.  If I didn’t have to go to work tomorrow I would be popping a bottle of Champagne myself!

3 comments:

  1. ((( If I didn’t have to go to work tomorrow I would be popping a bottle of Champagne myself! )))

    I'm really happy for you Manny and I know that Baseball is to Americans as Hockey is to Canadians, well forgive me when I say that I mean the way it use to be in the sixties, seventies and...

    Longer story short, I used to be a real hockey fan at "IT", I mean "fanatic" and always teased my teared UP Leafs friends by telling them that they must change their team name especially nowadays cause the leafs must fall so says Mother Natures says and keeping her on YA know what won't help... :)

    Anyway, this is your day and all I can offer in celebration is a little tune called Streets of Baltimore on my twelve string guitar and people use to say that I sang it as good as Pride, I mean I always sang it with pride... Longer story shorter, I'm not as good as I once was where I could sing and play for three hours non stop but I can say that this lone her is as good once as he ever was...lol

    CONGRADULATION to you and your team Manny.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPD1yKPTzGM&list=PL1366FC39E21F3813

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song! I don't know if I've ever heard it before. I've never lived in Baltimore. I'm an oddity as fans go. Thank you Victor. Yeah, I don't think baseball is the most popular American sport any longer. While I like American football, it's brutality can be distasteful. Baseball, like hockey, has elegance and skill. Peace brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the Orioles.

    Reminds me of a baseball game I saw in Houston Texas. I didn't understand what was going on, but it was great fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete