"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Blog Note: Seventh Anniversary


Today, December 29th marks the seventh year of this blog.  Did I realize in 2012 I would still be doing this seven years later?  I don’t know.  Probably not.

Blogging seems to have decreased in general over the seven years.  I did think I was doing something hip back then.  Now it’s mostly this is what I do to document my reading and thoughts about literature and faith and perhaps a little bit about me personally.  I don’t do Facebook.  I don’t do Twitter.  I don’t do any of that nonsense.  This is what I do.



I don’t know how many people still follow my blog.  Blogs on reading, and I’ve visited a few, tend to be of interest only if you have recently read that same book or story or poem.  If you haven’t, then you probably gloss right over it, and unless you have built some personal relationship with the author, then there is little reason to follow it.  For those that still follow me, I thank you humbly.  I hope I have touched you in a positive way or given you some insight at some point.

While my first few years I started out like gangbusters with a post almost every other day, I’ve slowed down to a little less than two a week.  I integrate a lot of what I post on Goodreads now, and why not.  My blog is essentially a place to pull together my comments on the books I read and discuss at Goodreads.  For those interested, I moderate the Catholic Thought Book Club there, and if you are so inclined we would love to have you join the book club.  Here, if you’d like to check it out. 

This will probably be my last post of this year.  God bless and Happy New Year.



4 comments:

  1. The thing is ... you are too well educated and intellectual for people like me. I do read (some of) your articles. But my tiny brain cannot take it all in. It screams "Help ... I can't take no more!"

    You see, my brain can't even talk in proper English.

    I think the Internet needs Christian articles to balance against all the negativity out there. So don't give up my friend. Blogs like yours are like little lights in all the darkness in the world. Don't give up. You Blog and God will send you the readers. Even if they don't comment.

    Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Victor. You're smarter than you know. Happy and healthy New years to you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A significantly-belated happy 7th anniversary! Blogaversary?? A milestone!

    And, as the Wassail song or something like that says, "...and God bless you and send you a Happy New Year...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian! God bless you and your kin too!

      Delete